Recently, I started to be much more conscious of the waste I was producing- specifically how much plastic and paper I was wasting in day to day tasks. Sure, I used to think I was being green- I recycled and bought organic coffee, right? But then I started noticing every little thing- every Larabar or fruit leather wrapper, every plastic bag, each paper (or worse, polystyrene) coffee cup. And I realized that just trying to be green when it’s convenient isn’t good enough.
I’m definitely not faultless: I still use paper towels sometimes, I can’t buy in bulk, and I eat the occasional protein bar when I’m on the go, but I try to be much more prepared. This kit contains everything you need to cut unnecessary waste from your life- as long as you’re fine with a little extra bulk and a few weird looks. But it’s for the planet.
- mason jar- good for food storage and drinks (even hot coffee, if you’re careful)
2. Kitchen towel- a thin, absorbent tea towel is perfect for some food storage (greens, baked goods, etc.) or for cleaning up larger messes
3. Handkerchief- use in lieu of a napkin or tissues; I would suggest buying a few from your local thrift shop and changing them out whenever needed.
4. Travel cutlery- never hunt for plastic forks again; this reusable cutlery set is made of bamboo and has a convenient keychain
5. Canvas bag- good for groceries, shopping, food, etc.
Everything except the utensil kit rolls up into the mason jar- it actually takes up very little room in a purse or backpack, and will come in handy more than you expect. Happy travels!