As promised, I am back with another variation of my homemade protein cookies. And these are my favorite! I looooooove peanut butter cookies so much, and while I can usually justify eating an entire batch of my favorite recipe by telling myself that it has protein… I really shouldn’t.
This recipe, however, has 6 grams of protein per 100 calorie cookie, and taste wonderfully peanut buttery. I suspect it may become a staple pretty quickly.
- one batch of my protein cookie base
- 1 TBS smuckers natural peanut butter
- Mix peanut butter into cookie dough until it’s even throughout.
- Roll into four small balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Press down on each with a fork, to get the classic peanut butter cookie criss-cross.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition (per cookie): 8.9 grams of carbs, 4.4 grams of fiber, 2.7 grams of sugar; 4.3 grams of fat, 5.7 grams of protein
You could even add some chocolate chips or cacao nibs to give these some extra umph. Comment if you tried this and what you thought. Happy baking!